Friday, February 26, 2010

My favorite Hair Care Products: Origin and MoltoBene

I have thick, chest length hair, about 4 inches past my shoulders. I have had several bad perms in the past but my hair has since grown out. Unfortunately, my bad perm days had left my hair dry and brittle. My hair not only had split ends but some pieces would simply break off about 1 inch from the ends. My only solution was constant trims to even out my Hair length.
I had tried just about every over the counter hair products available. After I begun working, I even tried expensive salon brands like Paul Mitchell, Nexus and Kerastase. None worked for me. I resigned myself to sport the same dry, brittle mass of straw hair until I was introduced to the following 2 products.
  • Origin Shampoo: the best one made on the market. Period.
    • I like “Clear Head Mint” and its subtle minty smell. I bought and am still using the larger sizes, with the pump. I immediately noticed my hair felt different, even under the shower spray. Whereas my hair used to knot together after using other shampoos, my hair now felt smoother. Even before using the conditioner, I could actually run my fingers down my hair. I had never been able to do that before.
    • Origin shampoo is available in its specialty stores and online. If you register your email with Origin, they will send you periodic $10 off coupons for every $35 purchase.
    • Macy’s also carries Origin products. Once or twice a year during their “Friends and Family” promotions, I use the 20% off coupon to stock up on Origin products. Otherwise, Origin products are never included in Macy’s seemingly daily coupons…

  • Conditioner: B:Oce by MoltoBene. This conditioner is made in Japan and available in some salons and online. A friend introduced this to me and it’s made a world of difference. I started using B:Oce after I had used Origin shampoo for a few weeks (along with Paul Mitchell conditioner). Whereas my hair started to look and feel different with Origin shampoo, the turnaround occurred after I switched to B:Oce conditioner. Using the combination of both Origin shampoo and B:Oce conditioner has made a lasting change to my hair.

    • I use very little each time (half of pump). After shampooing, squeeze out excess water and gently rub the conditioner sparingly to your hair but only from roots on down. I like to take half a pump into my palm and rub my hands together. I then rub my hair from the nap down. I leave this conditioner in my hair until after I’ve washed my body – about 2 minutes. I then run water down my hair to clean both hair and body.

    • It’s important to never let this conditioner touch your hair roots; otherwise your scalp may feel oily afterwards. Experiment how much to use for your own hair length. I recommend that you initially buy the large bottle with the pump and then just buy the refill sacks to save cost. Since very little is necessary with each use, I go through about one “sack” per year…

    • I use a towel to wrap my hair and squeeze out excess water. Don’t ever rub your wet hair, as this will put unnecessary pressure on your delicate hair roots and you’ll end up pulling out your hair. Immediately dry your hair, starting from the roots. Be sure to hold your blower more than 6 inches from your hair so you don’t burn it. Use your fingers to “fluff” to allow the warm air to flow through your wet hair. I use a 1800watt dryer and takes me less than 5 minutes to blow my hair completely dry.

    • You can’t miss this hot pink bottle. No worries; the conditioner itself is milky white and has the consistency of Jello pudding.
I’ve been using Original shampoo and MoltoBene B:Oce for a couple of years now. My hair now looks and feels silky, there is no more static and knots easily come out under shower spray. My hair hangs straight down, with no more pieces flying off like straws in a scarecrow. I no longer have split ends or hair breakage like before.

1 comment:

  1. I came to this blog and it helped me to add few new points to my knowledge. Actually, I am trying to learn new thing wherever I find. Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here.
    Online Branded Watches

    ReplyDelete